GRADUATE PROGRAM: HOW TO APPLY
The Graduate School processes all applications for graduate admission at the University of Texas at Austin and requires that all applications be submitted online.
The items listed below are required by the Graduate School in order to complete your application:
2) Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
Only electronic versions of transcripts are accepted; please do not mail physical transcripts to accompany your application; we will only accept electronic versions. You must upload one copy of the official academic transcript from every college or university you have attended even if a degree was not obtained from the institution. See instructions for uploading the pdf(s) of your transcript(s) at http://www.utexas.edu/ogs/admissions/howtous.html
3) Official GRE test scores
4) Application fee
5) International Applicants–TOEFL requirements
The items listed below are required by the HDFS Department in order to complete your application:
1) Statement of purpose, uploaded through ApplyTexas, which should include:
- A description of your research interests
- The name(s) of HDFS faculty with whom you would be interested in working and why
- Your career goals and how an HDFS Ph.D. will help you reach these goals
2) A writing sample, such as an undergraduate thesis, a manuscript under review, or a research paper for a class. This statement can be uploaded through the My Status link.
3) Your curriculum vitae (i.e., your academic resume), also uploaded through the My Status link.
4) The names and email addresses of at least three academic references who have agreed to provide letters of recommendation for you. ApplyTexas will contact them so that they may enter their letters directly into the system.
You can find information about graduate admissions here