Button to scroll to the top of the page.

If you are a current CNS major

Students already in CNS can change their major to Entry-Level Public Health at any time by going to the Human Ecology Advising Center in GEA 37 and filling out the Change of Major form. 

If you are not a CNS major, but you are a current UT Austin student:

Students not in the already College of Natural Sciences must follow apply for an Internal Transfer through the CNS Dean's Office. Please read ALL of the CNS internal transfer information here

While you are preparing your internal transfer application, we recommend taking the following courses: 

PBH 317 - Introduction to Public Health - open to all students! 

BIO 311C & BIO 311D - Introductory Biology I & II

CH 301 & CH 302 - Principles of Chemistry I & II

M 408C, K, N or R - Calculus I


Once you are a Public Health major, please make an appointment with the Public Health academic advisor in the Human Ecology Advising Center to create a personalized graduation plan and choose a concentration. You will then access to the restricted upper division PBH courses, which are taken in a required sequence, after you are officially a Public Health Major.


If you have any questions, please contact:

Human Ecology Advising Center, GEA 37