The School of Human Ecology has a breadth of opportunities for our students and numerous benefits to the world. The environment of the School is one in which the following take place:
- Enhances our visibility by establishing a Director’s Seminar Series that highlights the work of our faculty and students and offers the opportunity for presentations by outstanding thinkers/researchers from inside and outside UT Austin.
- Supports the best science through funds for seed projects and the test of hypothesis that are classified as ‘out there’ because they go beyond current thinking.
- Builds strong ties to the newly established Dell Medical School, highlighting the work in the departments of Nutritional Sciences and Human Development and Family Sciences.
- Preserves the excellence of our training and furthers the reach of this training to a worldwide audience.
- Amplifies the accomplishments of faculty and students in the School of Human Ecology to communities ranging from the UT campus to global collaborators.
- Fosters a strong foundation of and collaborations in the Division of Textiles and Apparel to industry and other colleagues.